Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bath Update

So it is Day 7 since we began bath renos, but only Day 5 since we lost complete use of the facility. The tub surround is almost done - the grout needs to be sealed and the edges caulked, but it is all plumbed to perfection and the 8 x 12 tiles we chose are really great! The floor is half done, and I believe that Tim will be working on that tonight. Basically, we have the floor to finish, the walls to paint, and then we can put everything back: the toilet is in the tub and the new vanity is in the garage. They will look (and function!) much better where they belong!

I'm excited to see the finished product, and thankfully I am not too anxious yet. Tim is working really hard, and is doing a great job. I can now help with painting because I'm done my sewing class (more about that later!). Making the trek to my parents' house for showers isn't so bad when its summer time (trust me, I know... we had to do this back in March with the furnace and hot water heater debaucle of '09).

I originally was planning to post pictures of the progress, but now that I reconsider, I don't think I want to ruin the surprise of the finished bathroom, nor do I want to show you disaster that is our upstairs hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment