Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Curtain Call

Tackling the curtain construction for my living room has been my first project from my "ambitious" list. The word "tackling" may be better saved for the cupboard project, because that will be the one that will need the most will and grit. Nevertheless, tackle I will. I think I've figured out my sewing game plan enough to say I'm confident as I proceed. Honestly, I think the most difficult part will be figuring out my measurements for the curtains and cutting straight lines. And the grommets intimidate me a little bit. Just a little bit.

The fabric I picked out is a fun floral of yellow and grey. I would dare say that it has an "Amy Butler" feeling without the "Amy Butler" price tag, if you know what I mean. In the rare case that you are tempted to cringe, you first need to understand a few things. The floral is a simplified modern floral, and my living room is greige, so the yellow will be the "pop" of colour I'm looking for. The yellow is a more subtle than a neon yellow, rest assured. And they are curtains, for goodness sake. In my opinion, curtain material is not something you would usually also choose to drape yourself in. If it were, then it would no longer be curtain material. Curtain fabric has a certain quality that separates it from all other fabrics for that specific purpose.

This will be a work in progress that I do in my spare time, and as long as it is done before my class starts in a little over a month, I will be happy!

2 comments:

  1. can you please post a photo of the fabric ... pre sewed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can! I will try to do that tonight for you!

    ReplyDelete